With spring just around the corner it’s time to pack away the winter blues and step into spring with this year’s latest makeup trends. You can bring the runway to your everyday quite easily.
This year’s New York fashion week debuted looks that are quite unusual for spring. Bright colours and colour blocking are the main trends to come out of the week. Designers have shied away from the usual all over colour and pastel shades.
Here are the top 10 trends that stood out on the runway for 2013.
- 1. Long lashes have made a comeback. It’s all about length. Get the look by using false eyelashes or great lash lengthening mascara. It’s not just about black either. Coloured mascara that was in fashion in the 90’s has made a comeback.
- 2. Frame your eyes. Forget the polished eyeliner look. Smudging is the trend this year so there is no need to worry about getting a perfect line. Coloured eye liner is also a must for spring and was used by Gucci. Don’t worry if your mascara clumps together, this is the kind of grungy look you want to achieve.
- 3. Forget skinny eyebrows. Thick and bold are the way forward. Marc Jacobs used this look so grab your eyebrow pencil and start filling them in. But don’t let them grow wild. Keep them shaped but thick.
- 4. Matte foundation was a standout look this year. Shiny/dewy skin is out this spring. Keep your look as natural as possible. Keep your blusher or bronzer to a minimum.
- 5. 60’s red seductive lips complimented the matte look this year. But be sure to keep your eye colour simple when using a bold lip colour.
- 6. 80’s style neon eye shadows where the main focus this year. Blue and pink seemed to be the favourite and were used by Donna Karan and many other designers. Make your eyes pop and make a statement.
- 7. Nude/matte lips are in. Show off their natural colour with a little clear gloss over the top just like Giles and Rochas did or leave them completely bare.
- 8. Jewelled eyes really stood out when paired with the neon eye shadows. Jewelled eyes would look great for a night on the town. They were a favourite of designers such as Gucci and Versace.
- 9. Metallic eye shadows made an appearance. The main colours the designers used this season were silver, bronze and copper shades.
- 10. Think pink. This colour has made a big comeback for the lips and eyes and was used by most of the fashion designers this year.
- Keep colour to one area of your face. If you choose neon eye shadows then keep your lips nude.
- The same concept applies for the red lip look. Keep your eyes subtle so it doesn’t take away from the vibrant scarlet look.
- For a great day/work look then why not try a matte foundation with subtle pink eye shadow, long eyelashes, smudged eyeliner and matte lips.
- Keep your makeup cruelty free and organic. You can get the look you want without harming animals or the environment. You can also keep your body chemical free by using only natural ingredients.