For many of us, time is of the essence first thing in the morning, but equally, for a lot of us, the thought of going out of house bare faced is enough to make you crawl back to bed and pull the duvet back over your head.
Here’s our guide to a simple every day make up look that won’t take ages to apply and will make you look, naturally gorgeous, even if you had a heavy night the night before!
- 1. After cleansing and moisturising, apply your foundation using a foundation brush. Daniel Sandler’s Invisible Radiance Foundation is ideal as this comes with a handy concealer too.
- 2. Conceal your blemishes, using your favourite concealer. Take care to blend carefully.
- 3. Apply concealer in the eye area, concealing any dark circles and blend carefully. Look for a brightening concealer, such as the gloBrightener Highlight Concealer.
- 4. Define your brows with your chosen product. A brow pencil is usually the quickest option if time is short. Finish with a brow brightener to open up the eye area. The NYX Push-Up Bra for Eye Brows is the ideal product as it has a brow pencil at one end and highlighter at the other end.
- 5. Apply an eye shadow primer all over your eyelid and then choose a medium shadow, and apply all over your eyelid, blending up and just out of the eye socket. Then apply a lighter shade and apply just above the crease, blending the two together so there are no harsh lines. Next, apply an eyeliner, in either dark brown or black to your lower lash line and finish with black mascara. The Sleek I Divine Au Naturel Eye Palette has every colour you could possibly need in varying finishes, from matte to shimmer. The Sleek palettes are exceptionally good value for money too.
- 6. Next, apply a finishing powder all over to set your foundation.
- 7. Now for your blusher. For a day time look, choose something soft. NYX Cosmetics Powder Blush in Summer peach is a gorgeous every day shade.
- 8. Lips, apply lip liner, not just to the lip line, and then all over the lips. This really helps with longevity, helping to fix your lipstick in place, but also providing colour under your lipstick for when your lipstick wears away.
- 9. Apply your lipstick or gloss.
Such a quick and easy look and one that is easily transformed to an evening look if you are heading out straight from work. Just stick your eye shadow palette in your handbag, and before heading out, apply the darkest shade over your existing make up, re apply your liner and switch your day lip gloss/lipstick for a brighter/darker/more vibrant lipstick. You can’t go wrong with red!